Monday 14 September 2015

1986 Minibots: Hubcap, Outback, Pipes, Swerve, and Tailgate



The final year of minibots, all of them remolds of the 84 set, but they did get pretty creative with it. Wheelie was already reviewed with the rest of his 86 movie brethren.

Firstly, we have Hubcap, a remold of Cliffjumper, without the spoiler on the car mode. I got him in a huge lot years ago, he was actually the only minibot I had for quite a while.


He also sports a new head sculpt.


Outback is a remold of Brawn, he sports a new gun and a winch on the vehicle mode. Him and Swerve got hooked up by Turboedguy,


In bot mode, he sports new arms and a new torso/head. A marked improvement to Brawn's mold


Pipes is a remold of Huffer, he gets a new front end to the truck and new pipes


In bot mode, his new pipes make his arms different, and the head and chest has been remolded to transform in reverse to Huffer. I thought this was a neat idea.


Swerve is a remold of Gears, the truck mode is unchanged. 


In bot mode, he has a new chest plate and head.


Lastly, there was Tailgate, he was a remold of Windcharger. 


He also has a remolded chest and head like the others in the group. I picked him and Pipes up at tfcon this year to replace the Encore set's final two pieces. 


5 comments:

  1. As much as I loved the larger toys as a kid, I think I actually prefer the minibots more now. I just love how they were able to pack so much fun into such a tiny package.

    I think if I could get my hands on a G1 Bumblebee, I'd give up the keys to my kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Minibots too, but I gotta hand it to the Micromasters, there's just so many of those little buggers, and the bases and playsets they had were crazy.

      Delete
    2. I like the Minibots too, but I gotta hand it to the Micromasters, there's just so many of those little buggers, and the bases and playsets they had were crazy.

      Delete
    3. Ah yes, the Micromasters. I actually managed to pick up all of the bots from the 4 packs a couple of years ago, but I ended up just keeping the Rescue Patrol. I tend to only keep things I had growing up.

      I think those larger Micromaster base sets are among my favorites though. There was so much play value there. And I somehow missed out on all of them.

      Delete
    4. I had a lot of them growing up, and the only two that I still have from when I was a kid are High Jump and Motorhead. I started with the stuff I had as a kid and it kind of ballooned from there.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.