Wednesday 19 August 2015

A Shout Out

I thought I would take a moment out of the reviews to give a shout out to and thank some of the people that have helped me along the way in my collecting journey. I've taken a few pics to go along with it. In no particular order, and in no way a complete list of figures from the bigger helpers:



We'll start with Hyperoptic. He's been a good friend for years, and over those years has helped me with a ton of figures, from finding them, to securing sweet deals on others, he even made my photo signatures and helped me learn some stuff about photography. These aren't even close to all of the figures he's helped with. We met through TFW's G1 appreciation thread IIRC.


Nefud has helped in innumerable ways. From a figure here, to assistance with a custom there. There was a point that we were sending at least one box each way every month for a while there. All because I needed a helmet for my Liokaiser, some friendships are made in strange ways.


Heroic Decepticon, I don't even remember how we got started talking, I think it was through a custom he commissioned. He helped me get these three great additions to my collection. Great guy to talk to and I'm glad I got to know him.


Megamus has been a huge help to my collection, and continues to do so, From a good deal here, to helping me find and secure stuff that otherwise I wouldn't have been able to. It's a lot of fun being on the podcast with him and the guys occasionally. I haven't had a lot of time for that lately, but sometime I'll get back on there.


Crackerboy I met because I wanted to carpool with someone to TFcon a few years back, we started doing dual orders to save on shipping since he was local. When he needed a hand selling his collection, I helped him out, and got a bunch of stuff I needed from him then. We still dual order MPs and such, he just doesn't collect G1 anymore, more vicariously through me now I think.


Artfire2000, from parts I've been searching for for a long time, to Grand Maximus, he's become a pretty significant help over the last year with wrapping up my collection. There's more to come, we'll have to wait and see.


Dew/Ohmyprimus has been a good friend over the last few years, I am pretty sure it was my unrelenting search for a Sonic Bomber that got us to talking.


Puma...I don't even know where to start lol. He's helped me with a ton of stuff over the last couple years. I know the small guns for Victory Leo were how we started talking. He broke up the semi complete one he had on ebay to sell those to me. He got me started on my papers hunt...not sure whether to thank him or not for that, hahaha.


Demerge, I remember seeing the parts for Snapdragon in his sales thread for dirt cheap, little did I know that it was a lure to get me hooked into buying most of his childhood collection. It only took a little while to find the rest like Ironfist and Clench here. There's a ton more stuff from G2 to more common US releases in my collection from him.


Vectorsigma2, before I sold my collection to fund my wedding, I would have to say about 75% of it was from him. Once I started recollecting, he sold me my first Japanese G1 figure, Overlord. There's still a ton from him in my collection, just can't remember all of them right now.


Billprestonesq helped me secure these two great figures. I think I started talking to him about another Greatshot that wasn't in as good of condition as this one. I remember getting the Deathsaurus and the box was covered in tape, thanks to HD's post about Zippo fluid, I managed to get all of the tape off without hurting the box.

There's a lot more people that have been friends or helped over the years, in different ways: Maz, Venksta, Iamratchet, HeraldofUnicron, Spurt Renoylds, Erector, Weirdwolf, Kuma Style, Unicron Nemesis, Specimen_17, Protoman, redrog359, Superquad7, Jerrytitus, Cobra Zartan, CZ Hazard, Sportinmortin, both TFland guys, Flywheels, Slayback, Space Bunny, TheShape, Turboedguy, uzitheklown, Hong Yi, etc etc etc.

Offline friends like Mike that comes over for beers and helps me set up the cities or other epic shots. and helped with setting up the collection when I moved here.

Deltastar, don't even know what to say other than thanks.

Jeff, who's become my local "con buddy" on top of hanging out around here. We spent a good week or so moving my collection to this house.

The Aussies, Tan and Tone, he bought a lot of my first collection, and this year came up for TFcon, hopefully next year too.

TFcon friends, there's just way too many to list here. Dan, Ian, Ian, Chris, Andrew, Steve, Fez, Andy, Otis, Beechy, Alex, Newt, the list goes on.

And last but definitely not least, my wife for putting up with all this crap in the house and me running upstairs to take random pics of things. Plus all the birthday and Christmas presents.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Thanks man, check the table of contents for more in depth look into the figures, I've tried to do them all minus the couple I am missing still

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.